Is Your Business Prepared For IT Modernization Survival?
Efforts are being taken to realize IT modernization goals. This reality puts some small and mid-sized outfits at a disadvantage unless they pivot and succeed.
A recent Insight survey indicates that as few as 25 percent of businesses have achieved the level of IT modernization they anticipated. To say that a low rate of success is disheartening to industry leaders would be something of an understatement. What adds insult to injury to the underachievement is that many decision-makers did not necessarily abandon their IT excellence goals by choice. Instead, they were upended by urgent priorities and a disappointing lack of in-house talent.
Despite the failure to meet IT modernization expectations, a reported 95 percent of companies are actively continuing to invest in initiatives that would bring their networks, communication, cloud migration, and other cutting edge technology applications up to par. That being said, 360 Smart Network would like industry leaders in Atlanta, Charlotte, and across the Southeast, to reflect on whether your business has met the IT modernization threshold you expected?
Why IT Modernization Makes A Difference
Business owners, operators, and supervisors sometimes grow frustrated with the fast-changing technology landscape. Just when you have the devices and connectivity you require, an innovation emerges.
Although the nature of IT is to evolve, modernization remains the foundation of any competitive organization. If your outfit has not yet met IT goals, it may be difficult to hear that modernization is not optional. It’s an absolute must. Just consider the initiatives that companies within your sector are reportedly undertaking, according to the Insight report.
- 31 percent of companies are pursuing improved software-driven networking
- 30 percent are migrating to the Cloud for cost-effective efficiencies
- 30 percent are upgrading on-premise infrastructure
- 30 percent anticipate completing IT modernization efforts
- 95 percent are enlisting third-party IT modernization experts to achieve goals
Today’s technology climate may be changing fast, but industry leaders are quickly adapting and bringing in the talent to achieve IT modernization.
How Businesses Can Achieve IT Modernization Excellence
It’s certainly true that small and mid-sized companies are engaged in IT modernization strategies to secure a larger market share. But this does not necessarily mean that your organization should employ an across-the-board investment. As a leader immersed in a specific industry with unique challenges, it may be worthwhile to step back and work with an IT expert to develop a cost-effective plan.
It’s likely in your best interest to bring key stakeholders together to identify and prioritize IT modernization efforts. Map out processes that mesh with your workflow and business culture as a team with the input of an IT expert.
As the survey highlighted, one of the primary issues that companies struggle with is a lack of in-house expertise. In all fairness, small and mid-sized outfits tend to place a heavy day-to-day burden on modest IT teams. This leaves limited time for ongoing training and knowledge about innovations. That’s why savvy business leaders often facilitate a contract with experts in the following ways.
- Staff Augmentation: This strategy involves bringing in a third-party specialist to work with an in-house team to achieve specific IT modernization goals.
- Partial Outsourcing: While your valued in-house IT technicians are keeping your network running smoothly, the IT modernization piece can be handled by a consultant.
- Full Outsourcing: Many small and mid-sized outfits that lack the resources for full-time employees work with experts to manage their IT on a contractual basis. This allows decision-makers to apply and affordable budget to modernization.
If you have unrealized IT modernization goals, it’s essential to find a viable path forward. There’s little doubt that others in your industry are making strides, and IT modernization could prove to have Darwinian survival implications. Contact 360 Smart Networks for an IT modernization consultation today.
Subscribe To Our Blog
Make a Smart IT decision
Partner with 360 Smart Networks and receive:
- Reliable Outsourced IT services
- Bulletproof Cybersecurity
- Leading enterprise IT solutions